Friday 1 August 2014

Spain - July 2014

At the beginning of July I headed to La Manga, Spain for a family holiday. Although this was not to be a climbing holiday I knew I had to keep training, as I had an European Youth Boulder Cup competition on my return. I was lucky to be able to train at a local boulder wall, in La Union, owned by Club de Montana, Roller Masters, which I really appreciated. It was a great training wall, although very hot in the summer weather!

Club de Montana, Roller Masters

The Boulder wall, La Union, Spain

Working hard!
I also managed to climb at an indoor Lead wall in Murcia and do some outdoor climbing at a crag at Mula. As it was so hot during the day we climbed in the evening and looked for routes that were in the shade. Although I only had a short time climbing at Mula I managed to tick Sogun 8a, Sucina 8a+, and a bouldery climb through the roof of a cave, Lula 8a.

Here I am climbing at Mula -

Climbing Sogun, 8a

Sucina, 8a+
Mula is a winter crag, but I'm pleased that I braved the heat as the climbing was fun. I would like to return sometime to this area, during the winter, and climb at another local crag, Leyva.


No comments:

Post a Comment