Wednesday 17 December 2014

BMC Junior Cups, Lead and Boulder, Round 1

On Saturday 29th November I competed in the Junior Lead Cup, Round 1, at Awesome Walls, Sheffield. Having been ill with a virus the week before I had not had the best preparation for this competition, and was slightly lacking in strength. However, I climbed fairly well and in the final was in joint 2nd place. With the count-back from the qualifiers I finished in 3rd place.

The following weekend, on Sunday 7th December, I competed at the Junior Boulder Cup, Round 1, in Derby. As in the previous week I finished the final in joint second, but was separated by count-back and finished 3rd overall. I was a little disappointed with these results, but it has been a long season and I am now looking forward to a break over the winter where I can focus on my training.

Due to my results throughout the year I have been selected again for both the GB Junior Lead (elite) and Boulder Teams for 2015.

At the Boulder Cup Rob Adie, from the BMC, presented me with the Trophy for winning the Senior BLCC. It had been engraved with my name alongside some very famous previous winners, e.g. Ian Vickers, Steve McClure, Gaz Parry, Ed Hamer and Dave Barrans.

Being presented with the BLCC trophy

No comments:

Post a Comment